For Belmont County youth, Connections offers . . .
Workforce Investment Act Services.
Eligible youth between the ages of 14 and 21 can receive assistance with completing high school, achieving academic success, financial aid for post-secondary education, developing employability skills, acquiring work experience, obtaining employment, and developing citizenship and leadership through the following services:
- Tutoring, Study Skills Training and Instruction Leading to Secondary School Completion.
- Alternative Secondary Schools Services.
- Summer Employment Opportunities.
- Paid Work Experience.
- Occupational Skill Training.
- Leadership and Citizenship Training.
- Supportive Services.
- Adult Mentoring.
- Guidance and Counseling.
The following services are available to youth with no eligibility requirements:
- Information and Referral to Job Openings.
- Career Assessment.
- Books, videos and software on job search techniques, interview skills, resume writing and employment application tips.
- Information on jobs and careers such as earnings, qualifications and employment outlook.
- Computers for Internet job search and employment and educational purposes.
- Information and referral to community agencies and programs.
- Financial aid information for college.
PLEASE REFER TO THE JOB SEEKERS LINK!
Links to Helpful Youth Websites:
- Education and training program for at risk between the ages of 16 and 24 that teaches integrated academic, vocational and social skills needed to obtain employment or to further one's education.